[AccessD] I just gotta vent

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Dec 13 07:38:48 CST 2013

<<1)  The text box CAN ACCEPT the focus but Access refuses to believe that
it has the focus IF there is no data in the form.>>

 Not sure I follow that.  As Shamil said, what are you using to determine
the focus?  Screen.ActiveControl?

<<2) TxtBox.Text is not available unless the control has the focus.>>

 That would be correct.   .Oldvalue is the record prior to editing, .Value
is the current value or the control, and .text is the keystroke buffer
before it has been committed to the control.

<<3) ONLY txtbox.Text has the actual value in the control for each
character typed in.  TxtBox.Value is only updated when the control loses
the focus.>>

 Correct.

<<4) So at least one record has to be displayed in the form BEFORE the
search can be used.>>

 Don't get that.  I use unbound controls all the time for searches.

Jim.