[AccessD] DB Suddenly becomes Read Only

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Tue Feb 5 10:03:14 CST 2013

Hi Guss,

I've had this issue when someone who was logged in has disconnected in a way
which leaves the server thinking that someone is still using it.

If you have server Admin rights, go to the Administrative Tools | Computer
Management.  In the left task pane, open System Tools | Shared Folders.
Open the Open Files folder to see if there is a line which shows the path to
your file.  You'll be able to see which user name is still connected.  If
you know that person is actually logged off (from their PC), then you can go
to the Sessions folder, find that user, and right-click to disconnect that
user from the server.

Or, ask your IT folks to check on this.

Hope this helps!
Dan