[AccessD] Adding Bar Coding and Scanners to an Access Application

Rusty Hammond rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com
Thu Feb 14 13:40:47 CST 2013

The general concept is pretty simple.  Just need to find a truetype
barcode font and set the field on your report to that font.  Scanners
can act as input from a keyboard, so with the focus on the field for
data entry of the barcode, scan the code and it is entered into the
field.

As for the details of which barcode font to use, I'm not any help but
others can probably help you there.  There are many barcode scanners out
there, maybe a search on Newegg or Amazon will be a good place to start?

I know there is much more detail to this, as to which type of barcode to
use, features on scanners, etc..., etc... Etc...

HTH,

Rusty