[AccessD] Two Problems Access 2003 32bit

Edward Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 12:33:20 CST 2013

 Hello: Database Advisors,

 I have a couple of issues that wondering if anyone has come across.

 I am using Access-2003 32-bit.

 1).

 The first is a field called 'Roomkey'.  When I import that table

 into another Ms-Access database that field becomes a 'KEY-Field'.

 The 'Roomkey' field describes the type of key for a hotel room

 which doesn't need to be a key field.

 That is a problem because all the numbers of indexes are used up

 and that extra key upsets the import process.

 Is there a way to turn that feature off ?

 2).

 The second issue is when in Windows-7 Pro, Ms-Access doesn't seem

 to behave the same as when using XP Pro.  Especially when it comes

 to speed.

 The only way to have Ms-Access behave the same with comparable

 speed is to get into Windows-7 Pro task-manager and change the

 msaccess.exe job to RealTime priority.

 Since the machine is a dual process computer, this doesn't seem

 to cause other problems.

 So, is there a way to have the msaccess.exe job just start up using

 the RealTime priority ?

 Thanks.

 Sincerely,

 Ed Zuris.