[AccessD] AccessD never changes

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:24:03 CST 2013

> Jim Lawrence:
>
> Hardly depressing...that's life.

Jim,

You miss the point. What is depressing is that we claim to fill a niche,
namely advice and support for Access.

And it seems, from this discussion, that we do a worse job of filling that
niche than nearly anybody else.

Can anybody name even one aspect of our group that is leading the pack?
Number of posts, topicality, new members, search engine visibility? I dare
say not one.

I would even say we are not even in the middle of the pack for any measure
you would care to name. The strongest point we have, expertise, is surely
eclipsed by any of the much more lively groups mentioned in this discussion.

And what is the point of expertise, if there is audience to benefit from it?

Whine and moan all you want about the state of Access, but there are two
undeniable points:

1. There is still a viable niche for Access support
2. We are doing a crap-ass job of filling that niche

-Ken