[AccessD] Fixing Orphaned Rows

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:19:58 CST 2013

Susan,

Not meaning to trounce on your opinion, but I don't find the restriction
ridiculous in the slightest. For example, I once worked for a couple of
years on a eHealth app in which we had the medical history of everyone in
Ontario that had an OHIP card (Ontario Health Insurance Plan). Even the SQL
programmers were not allowed to see much of the actual data. The head DBA
in this case created views and stored procedures that replaced the actual
data with junk characters. Consider just one of many possible scenarios:
suppose I'm dating a new woman, and decide to run a check whether she's
ever had an AIDS test. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

A.