[AccessD] Math equations

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 21 14:15:30 CDT 2013

Hi Shamil:

That is why I placed that little "note" after the graph. As a Github site,
C# and many other desktop application will not be in the major listings.
This little graph does not represent the general market but is more focused
on the "start-up" and website type market.

My only connection with C# is through ASP.Net and then through my IIS web
server. As most web servers are not ASP compatible this makes it difficult.
(I think Microsoft should get their act together...it only took a two month
project (3 weeks for the beta) to get PHP going as a IIS webserver service.)
There have been some efforts to get MONO running on such webservers as
Apache and Nginx but so far nothing solid.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/9738/Introduction-to-Mono-ASP-NET-with-X
SP-and-Apache

Mono does have its own little webserver, though fun to play with, it is not
commercially viable.  As soon as Mono-C# can become available, as a
supported API, on the major webservers, C# will no longer be just a desktop
development application. I am looking forward to that day.

Jim