[AccessD] Access 2007 - How to unfilter / unsort

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue May 21 23:43:48 CDT 2013

JC.

Access 2007 (and above) is just clumsy to do real development in. I have
> been using it exclusively for almost 4 months now and still hate it.
 Which
> toolbar was that XYZ in again?  Hmmm... let's click through all of them
and
> look for it.  Oh and what exactly am I looking for anyway?

I could not disagree more. Yes, it does take a while to locate commands you
use frequently. But you do NOT have to click through the ribbon tabs to
locate them! Just hover the mouse on the ribbon and then use the wheel and
you'll quickly cycle through them, much more quickly than clicking. Try it.

I only happened upon this by accident, but having discovered it, I deem it
a huge advance over previous versions, all of which demanded clicks. This
technique, incidentally, works in all the Office products, not just Access.
It's invaluable in Word and Excel. I seldom if ever use PowerPoint,
InfoPath, etc. but assume that it's equally invaluable there.

A.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM, John W Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:

> " the sort order of a table is undefined"
>
> True
>

> So if you want to see it in a particular order you have to write a query.
>
> Not true and never has been.  You can go directly into a table, click on
> the field header and execute a sort which will sort ascending / descending
> on that column.  This is just Access "helpful stuff" that has always been
> around.
>

> John W. Colby
>
> Reality is what refuses to go away
> when you do not believe in it
>
> On 5/21/2013 12:13 PM, Heenan, Lambert wrote:
>
>> " the sort order of a table is undefined " So if you want to see it in a
>> particular order you have to write a query.
>>
>> Lambert

Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr