[AccessD] Running Access Reports While Logged Off - Mapping Problems

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 22 12:48:43 CDT 2013

Hi Brad:

Just a thought as this may not be the best answer but I have been moving a number of old reports from MS Access and Informix to web scripts. I have the programs build and write a HTML text file to the disk and then print the file to the printer. All the new printers seem to be able to handle basic html code (it works as good as Postscript and it is a lot easier to work with).

It does take a while to produce a definitive script generator, depending what programming language you are using, for the specific report but once designed the resulting script will work anywhere.

Note: use percentages for cell sizes and DIV tags for the report so it will adapt to any printer paper size automatically. (This is grossly simplified of course...)

Jim