[AccessD] Access on a tablet

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Oct 22 13:48:17 CDT 2013

 John --

Yes, just a note that it's called Surface Pro 2 now - the new tablet released this year.
And "RT version" is called Surface now. As I have already noted in dba-tech Surface should be able to run Office 365 based MS Access apps deployed on Office 365 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N1Bv2gyg60 ). Of course "good old mdb/accdb" MS ACcess apps will have to be redesigned/refactored to get them running via Office 365. And that redesigning/refactoring promise to be a lot of work...

BTW, here is yet another "Surface tablet" -
Nokia Lumia 2520 :
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/22/nokia-lumia-2520-hands-on/

-- Shamil

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:36 PM -04:00 from John Serrano <john.k.serrano at gmail.com>:
>Surface Pro, will run a full version of MS Access.
>The tablet is a bit pricey. You would also have to get the pro version as
>the RT version will not run MS Access.
>http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/products/overview
>

>On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Rocky Smolin < rockysmolin at bchacc.com >wrote:
>
>> Dear Lists:
>>
>> Is there a tablet comp that will run Access or at least a run-time access
>> app?
>>
>> MTIA
>>
>> Rocky Smolin
>> Beach Access Software