[AccessD] Alpha Anywhere

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Sep 3 18:32:50 CDT 2013

HAHAHA, yeah, that was exactly the point I was going to make.

You go via the official channels and you usually get one of the following responses.

"No we are not doing that; it is too small a project"
"We don't have the resources"
"Sure we can do that, estimated cost is $180,000, plus incidentals - we can start soon as you get your budget finalised"
"We can do that, but it will be 18 months before implementation"
"We'll look at it, please fill out this 40 page scope document first"
"We can't do that, we only work with X".

Most time they know who the local Excel / VBA / Access guru is and just get them to whip it up in a couple of weeks.  Hell, I have spent the last 20 years gainfully employed because of exactly that!

Cheers
Darryl