[AccessD] Unbound numeric textbox reverts to scientific notation

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Sep 13 14:59:30 CDT 2013

Hi John

Both yes and no. The largest number has a 9 as the first digit but the remaining are not 9s, so you cannot just count the length. Also, typing a larger number than allowed doesn't raise an error, only forces the resulting number into scientific format and rounds it. So, I guess, you could compare the strings before and after update for a match; if no match, something has happened.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at gmail.com 13-09-13 18:44 >>>
Simple is always better!

Can you specify the max size by stringing zeros on the front?

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it