[AccessD] Questions on 32-bit 64-bit - Applications Developed with Access-2007

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 10:08:05 CDT 2013

And exactly what I am doing right niw, thank you Brad for your timely
questions and you respondents for your unequivocal answers.

Just want to add something which probably is indirectly inferrable buy
which I don't think was made *quite* clear enough as a reason for avoiding
64 bit office and that is, many people are going to get and use your
documents and projects and open them in a 32 bit (OS and application)
environment. If some encoded into 64bit office docs, I don't know... but I
wouldn't be surprised.

Hence documents could look the same to the recipient but not be useable??
Dunno, why chance it?!

I'm thinking of email attachments, embedded ole objects, linked tables
(I.e. a 32 bit Access accdb linking to 64 bit excel documents as has been
mentioned), etc. And recipients will feel frustrated and you may make them
embarassed.

Ha!

Anyway,  best of luck to me as I back up with Acronis one last time them
wipe everything so I can start life over as 64 bit win 7 with 8gb ram on my
die hard dell latitude e6510 workhorse.