[AccessD] Most common problems/situations

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Aug 19 20:03:40 CDT 2014

Not sure what the goal is here, but I see these:

1. Inability to do a 3tier design.
2. VBA references/"runtime environment" as it's not a true .EXE.
3. Multiple versions of Office on the same PC.
4. Lack of 3rd party controls because Access does not fully implement the
IDispatch interface.
5. Lack of control over the main Access window.

as more of a pain because there's no real good solution for any of them
expect #3 (sage) and still be an Access Developer.

 I suppose one thing beyond that which makes life really painful is the
automatic save of a main record when you move into a sub form control.

 I'd have to say out of all the things taking Access "as is" and using it
the way that it's was intended to be used, that one causes the most
problems.

Jim.