[AccessD] Error creating emails in Outlook in Win8 -- SOLVED

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Aug 26 11:45:36 CDT 2014

Bill,

  In answer to you questions:

A. From my viewpoint here, no one in the business world is using Windows 8.1
extensively, let alone 8.0.  On tablets yes, but not running business apps
with it on the desktop.

B. Microsoft's total focus is the web and nothing but the web.  Anything
outside of that is an uphill battle.   I brought up a problem with SMB2/3
under Windows Server 2012 and got absolute silence.   No one is taking about
the desktop anymore.

   Also given that while it breaks, but that the work around is simple, I'd
doubt they'd address it with anything more than possibly a MSKB article.   I
think you'll find that unless it leads to something like data loss and the
conditions under which it can occur are wide spread, it would not get fixed.
That's been the on-going pattern for a number of years.

   So no, no taker here.

Jim.