[AccessD] Access 2013 Field Name Capitaliaation

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:57:29 CST 2014

I'm working on my current contract and decided to use lower case prefixes
on field names (Access BE and FE) to indicate table or category of the
value and insure unique field names.  For some reason, Access keeps
recapitalizing the first character of the field names when I save, close,
and reopen the table in design view!  Has anyone else run into this?  I
just spent several hours lower casing prefixes only to discover after I ran
a routine to extract the field names that they had been recapitalized!
 I've fiddled with turning off Autocorrect, but that seems to do nothing
positive for me.

Any suggestions before I try shooting myself?

Charlotte