[AccessD] Access 2007 Upsizing Wizard Missing

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:45:01 CST 2014

Jim,

As suggested, I installed SSMA and tried to run it. Step 1, Choose an
Access database, worked fine. Step 2, Connect to SQL Server, failed. The
message suggests that I ensure that SQL Server is configured to allow
remote connections (provider: Named Pipes provider, error 40 - Could not
open a connection to SQL Server)

I have SSMS open at the moment. The server name is (localhost) and it works
fine. I'm using the same server name in SSMA but getting the error above.

I've forgotten how to check that remote connections are allowed. Can you
(or someone else) remind me?

Thanks,
Arthur