[AccessD] Access 2007 Upsizing Wizard Missing

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:55:25 CST 2014

John,

There's nothing to it. Maria is a drop-in replacement for MySQL... with
several new features not yet implemented in MySQL. Initially I thought that
Maria would trail MySQL in terms of features, but not so. It's Oracle/MySQL
that's playying catch-up.

Even if you opt for the paid support version, you still save a lot of money
compared with the SQL 2012 implementation.

I haven't begun it yet, but I plan to add a new chapter on Maria to our
MySQL book and web site.

Arthur