[AccessD] Access 2007 Upsizing Wizard Missing

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 10:13:21 CST 2014

Well... we shall see.  I have a custom written major application which talks to SQL Server.  It uses
BCP to export data out of SQL Server to files, and then uses BCP to import files back in to SQL
Server.  So I will have to replace that with whatever the MySQL equivalent is.  I have to export
databases containing hundreds of millions of records (and hundreds of gigabytes)  into matching
tables in MySQL.  I have to build indexes.   I have to research whether MySQL has compression, which
I am using on my data to get it all to fit into memory.  I have to build views matching the views I
use in SQL Server.  I have stored procedures that perform tasks for me.

It sounds like a major undertaking to me.  If I succeed then I will have a major tool in my belt.

Luckily the various databases look pretty similar so that once I figure out how to do it on one, the
next 10 will be easier.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it