[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:43:41 CST 2014

This has turned into "Ramblings of a bunch of nut cases" eh?

And... How many tiles can you fit on a watch?  Hmmmm.....  Wait a second while I swipe..... Wait...
it's a coming... just a few thousand more swipes.... I know it's in this mess somewhere...  I DIDN'T
say that, I REALLY love my Windows watch...

Oh CRAP I must have missed it. let me start again...

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 2/26/2014 5:33 PM, Hans-Christian Andersen wrote:
>> The brilliant thing is, that the Metro/Modern interface potentially can scale from a wristwatch or a lightswitch to a laserbeam operated cinemascreen.
> You mean, something like the Truman Show poster?
> http://www.impawards.com/1998/truman_show_ver1_xlg.html
>
> Mother of god. An icon… within a box. And repeated in a tiled fashion. That’s brilliant. Why hasn’t anyone else done this??? :)
>
> To be honest, I never had a problem with Metro’s tiled interface in theory. The implementation of how apps behave when you click on them and the whole magic corners really breaks the whole thing for me. Also, having many of your tiles constantly change information makes for a very obnoxious interface for anything other than a news ticker display.
>
> Microsoft could totally fix Metro and make it something people actually are interested in, but, as it currently stands, an excess of minimalism and rejection of decades of user interface design + the awesome magic corners makes it very difficult to love.
>
> - Hans

---