[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:50:42 CST 2014

Consider me out of this argument. I don't give a fork which OS you choose
as your BFF and have no interest in persuading you that mine is a better
one. I don't give a fork. What works for you is my paramount interest.

All my thoughts are currently focused upon the chicken-chili stew that is
brewing on my slow-cooker at the moment. And compared to that immediate
focus, thoughts of which is better this or that, pale in comparison.

A.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Hans-Christian Andersen <
hans.andersen at phulse.com> wrote:

> > The brilliant thing is, that the Metro/Modern interface potentially can
> scale from a wristwatch or a lightswitch to a laserbeam operated
> cinemascreen.
>
> You mean, something like the Truman Show poster?
> http://www.impawards.com/1998/truman_show_ver1_xlg.html
>
> Mother of god. An icon... within a box. And repeated in a tiled fashion.
> That's brilliant. Why hasn't anyone else done this??? :)
>
> To be honest, I never had a problem with Metro's tiled interface in
> theory. The implementation of how apps behave when you click on them and
> the whole magic corners really breaks the whole thing for me. Also, having
> many of your tiles constantly change information makes for a very obnoxious
> interface for anything other than a news ticker display.
>
> Microsoft could totally fix Metro and make it something people actually
> are interested in, but, as it currently stands, an excess of minimalism and
> rejection of decades of user interface design + the awesome magic corners
> makes it very difficult to love.
>
> - Hans
>

> On Feb 26, 2014, at 1:40 PM, Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:
>
> > Hi Hans
> >
> > Thanks. You really make me feel ahead of the crowd. Perhaps I just am
> better than most to find and appreciate the new opportunities rather than
> sticking to the past. It is claimed that positive people will live longer
> than those spending a lot of energy being negative. Fingers crossed.
> >
> > As of today, no one has argued that the old desktop is preferable for a
> touch screen. It was a dead end. Something had to be done. The brilliant
> thing is, that the Metro/Modern interface potentially can scale from a
> wristwatch or a lightswitch to a laserbeam operated cinemascreen.
> >
> > /gustav

Arthur