[AccessD] Wait a minute...I was too fast in my celebration... [WAS: Code Help for subforms]

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Tue Jan 28 13:12:11 CST 2014

Well, thanks to Gustav, I fixed the problem I was having. But, apparently fixing one problem has created another. Before fixing this last issue, it was opening the proper subform...albeit w/out a proper link...and it was placing the data of two fields ("txtIdentifier" and "datFormDate") from the parent form into fields on the subform.

The code that did this is as follows:

Private Sub Form_Load()

lnk2Client.Value = "Me.Parent.txtIdentifier"
datDoS.Value = "Me.Parent.datFormDate"

End Sub

...and, like I said, it was working fine.

What my guess is this...this field, "txtIdentifier" is the field that I am linking on...

  sfrmSurveys.SourceObject = "frmSurvey1"
  sfrmSurveys.LinkMasterFields = txtIdentifier
  sfrmSurveys.LinkChildFields = lnk2Client

 It seems to me that it does exist, but...maybe not...yet? I'm hoping it is just a syntax thing, and I'm going to try changing a few things there...but I don't know...

I'm getting another error, which also came up at the same time though. This one is a run-time 2115, when I try to put in a 2nd survey for a user. One at a time...but I think they may be connected.

Notice: This electronic transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you believe you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited. Niagara County is not responsible for the content of any external hyperlink referenced in this email or any email.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY PAPER OR ELECTRONIC COPIES.
Thank you for your cooperation.