[AccessD] Unbound Form Check For Changes

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 18:22:36 CDT 2014

At the insurance company call center I wrote, they had 25 users in all day and no sign of slowness.
Their problem became (after 9 years) that their DATA outgrew the MDB containers.  And yet they
refused to even discuss a SQL Server express solution.  Of course at that time the SQL Server
Express limited you to 2 gig containers which was not much help.

The thing about any company is that often there are different databases, with different usage
patterns.  It is pretty certain that in a 100 person company, there will never be 100 people in the
database.

Furthermore the numbers say that over 4 million of those companies have less than 20 people.

There is simply no argument that SQL Server Express would be a superior solution, even for these
very small companies, but MDBs work fine there as well.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 3/24/2014 7:00 PM, Jim Lawrence wrote:
> Hi John:
>
> Valid numbers but what is the maximum number of people that can really use a bound version of the MDB. I have never seen more than about twenty people (maybe less) and even at times, with that small number, with heavy usage things were really grinding.
>
> For the big numbers in data and users, I am still a real ADO fan.
>
> Jim

---