[AccessD] Ten most common tasks/problems in Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Oct 18 15:31:49 CDT 2014

I use my own  DLL in payroll applications for doing  tax calculations.  I wrote it in
PowerBASIC.

I use BLAT.dll for emailing out of Access.

I use a third party zip DLL for file compression/decompression

I use API DLLs in most applications. Kernel32.dll, Shell32,Ole32.dll,Comdlg32.dll,Avapi32.dll
all appear in my standard API  functions module.  This handle such functions as
GetUsername, OpenFile/Folder etc dialogs,  GetSpecialFolder (Desktop,
Documents,AppData,Temp etc),  ShellWait (shell to another process and wait for it to finish
before continuing).

(I used to use a DLL for PDF work until MS included the capability in Access.)

No add-ins.

--
Stuart