[AccessD] Error 3027 in A2003 runtime

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 06:27:12 CDT 2014

Jim,

More information: looks like I forgot that when you install a later version
of Office and keep older versions, the newer version "wins" if one simply
opens an Office document. That's all the shortcut was doing. I should have
seen immediately that, hey! There's the ribbon! That ain't Access 2003.

Aha! So I created a desktop shortcut for Access 2003 Runtime and I altered
the properties to add the name of the mde front end file to the Target.

OK. Now I get the old Security Warning: "This file may not be safe if it
contains code that was intended to harm your computer..."

If this were a full install of Access 2003 I would simply change the macro
security setting. But what, if anything, do I have to do to get rid of this
warning in Runtime?

Thank you, Jim.

Sincerely,

Steve Erbach