[AccessD] Automatic Update Function

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Feb 27 14:28:56 CST 2015

Just back in Port Moresby after three weeks in Bougainville working on electoral roll updates
where we had a dozen DPOs working 24/7 using a split Access application.

BER.accdb is the front end.

This is the contents of a .cmd file that sits on each PC (with a shrotcut to it on the desktop):

@copy \\BERMSERV\BERMS\BER.accdb c:\BER
@START C:\BER\BER.accdb

I can drop a new copy of BER.accdb on the server at anytime.
Every time the operator starts the application, they get a new copy of it. It is also handy in
avoiding bloat if you use termporary tables in the FE.

BTW, don't write to CVS (comma separated values)-  that format is a PITA to work with. use
Tab separated)

--
Stuart