[AccessD] Confused by One to Many versus One to One

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun Jan 4 10:57:35 CST 2015

Oh, I just found another one-to-one relationship deal - the US Census
summary file data.  Here's the trick.  Each state has a master table,
then there are 47 segments of data, divided up into separate tables.
The LogRecordId is the same in the master table and in each of the
segment tables,  All this divvying up is because the data load is huge
and won't all fit in a 2Gb database, so they use a sort of "import the
parts you want from all the comma delimited text files" technique .  I
found that tedious, so I'm using linked tables to get around the 2Gb
limits.
[I'm working on the township's parks & recreation 5-year master plan -
that's why I'm deep in the Census data.]
TNF

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com
231-322-2787