[AccessD] Delimiter Value

John W. Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 10:12:15 CST 2015

I found the tab symbol was quite often intentionally inserted by folks
when typing in their address.  The third party software I use for
address validation just copies the address you give them and hands it
back to you if there has been no change.  Thus whatever the user typed
in, I send to them, and they (usually) send back to me. Tabs wreaked
havoc in my files.  I have never had a problem since switching to pipes.

On a similar note, I also had problems with the double quote, where
people would quote a nickname - John "jack" Doe.  The extra quotes
wreaked havoc with the CSV file use of quotes as the delimiter package.

John W. Colby