[AccessD] TOP FIVE MOST COMMON VBA ERRORS AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 16:11:14 CDT 2015

> It's a choice not worth choosing, but technically you are of course
> correct. The question is, Why on earth would one choose not to go with
> Option Explicit? And in fact, why would Access offer it Off as the default?
> Aren't we trying to educate developers in the right way to do things?

=============I just don't see is as right or wrong. I wouldn't work without
it, but it's a convenience. It's a helpful tool. I don't know why someone
would not want it, but I'm guessing someone might.

> First, in terms of readability,
> don't bother me with declarations whose relevance don't become important
> until much later in the code; and second, if I want to be able to copy and
> paste some really cool snippet, I want to avoid going to the top of the
> module and grabbing one or two declarations, then returning to the snippet
> of interest and copy/pasting that part.

=============I agree totally. It doesn't turn  up much for me because my
functions are usually small, so it's not relevant. But, on the odd occasion
when I do produce some long code, it's what I do -- at least now. I'm not
sure when I took up that habit.

Susan H.