[AccessD] Digital Signatures

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:33:06 CST 2015

Janet,

At my previous full time job, our application did exactly what you're
talking about.  We started with it in Access and later migrated it to vb.net,
but in both cases we used signature tablets from Topaz.  There's work
involved, because you have security issues when you store signatures (we
encrypted/decrypted ours).  You need to have an API to program to for the
tablet.  It's doable, but may not be worth the effort.  There are
electronic signature verification services available to validate typed
e-signatures, so that might be a better way to go.  Storing signatures
electronically is fraught with security issues.

Charlotte

Charlotte Foust
(916) 206-4336