[AccessD] VBA7?

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:33:04 CST 2016

So we're trying to consolidate the over 3000 dbs and spread sheets we have
throughout the company. I made up a little split db that allows users to
enter a project/task name, select usage occurrence from a drop down then
browse to the access file and/or excel workbook.

The  FE then takes said file and lists all of its tables, queries, macros,
modules, forms, View, stored procedures (for ADPS)  and worksheets (for
Excel files). All of these objects get stored in a table, and are displayed
on the main form in a list box. They can double click an object in the list
box to "move" it into the "selected" list box to mark it as an object that
is used.

Is there a programmatic way that you can loop through queries to get a list
of the tables (or sub-queries) that are used, so I can also add them to the
list? Kind of like how the built in dependencies can be checked by right
clicking on an object.

I'm trying to figure out what is really being used, what isn't, what is
stale...

I've found tables that are linked to older DBs that aren't being updated as
well as local (stale) tables that are also not being updated.

I'm trying to figure out what it used most, in order to prioritize which
reference table to work on first. I want everyone pulling from the same
place.

Thanks,
David