[AccessD] Is MongoDB (and NoSQL) For Real?

aclawhon at hiwaay.net aclawhon at hiwaay.net
Sun Nov 20 02:56:51 CST 2016

http://diginomica.com/2016/11/16/mongodb-ceo-claims-won-developers-hearts-oracle/

I quit doing software and databases quite some time ago, but I seem to
recall occasional articles (like this one) predicting that SQL and the
relational database model were on their way out as "developers" could
do the same work SQL - and relational databases do - without using SQL.

I have no idea if this Mr. Ittycheria is legitimate or just another
scam artist blowing smoke up investors' collective arses.  I suppose
we'll know if MongoDB is for real when we read that Microsoft is
buying the company for boo coos of cash and/or we start reading
stories on Slashdot where Larry Ellison is demonizing Ittycheria and
his company.

Dubious Alan of Huntsville