[AccessD] Is MongoDB (and NoSQL) For Real?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Nov 20 13:34:13 CST 2016

Hi Alan --

I have worked with MongoDB using C# drivers/API - it's a very good stuff:
I have had a legacy database with object model accessible only via custom C++/C#/VBA coding, and I have used that object model to export most of this legacy database contents into a MongoDB database queryable using generic noSQL query language and tools as well as using C# drivers/API.

<<<
... we'll know if MongoDB is for real when we read that Microsoft is
buying the company for boo coos of cash ...

MS does have noSQL database engine/MS Azure service DocumentDB  and they (MS) do provide DocumentDB protocol for MongoDB:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/documentdb/documentdb-protocol-mongodb

I suppose this fact proves that MongoDB is for real business.

-- Shamil