[AccessD] Migrating date fields to SQL Server

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 23:18:23 CDT 2017

Nearly a decade ago when I was working in .Net and SQL, I knew how to
migrate Access tables into SQL Server and handle the date field issues that
arose.  I've forgotten it all, and I need to find a resource to refresh my
memory and  help me do what needs doing.  I know it has to do with the
differences between the dates in Access and SQL Server but I can't remember
why it should be a problem moving the tables from Access with a shorter
date/time to SQL with a longer one.  And I haven't a clue as to the
mechanics of getting around the issue, aside from writing scripts, which I
really would like to avoid.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Charlotte Foust
(916) 206-4336