[AccessD] Need Open File Dialog Box

McGillivray, Don DMcGillivray at ctc.ca.gov
Tue Aug 7 17:41:01 CDT 2018

Hi Rocky,

If setting a reference to the MS Office Object Library is an option, you can use the FileDialog object.

This may get you started, and I'm sure you can find plenty of references online for other features and functionality:

    Dim objDialog As Object
    Dim strUserPath As String

    Set objDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)

    With objDialog
        .Filters.Add "Excel Workbook Files", "*.xlsx", 1
        .ButtonName = "Select"
        .FilterIndex = 0
        .InitialView = msoFileDialogViewDetails
        .Title = "Select a Excel spreadsheet for import"
        .AllowMultiSelect = False
        If .Show = -1 Then strUserPath = .SelectedItems(1)
    End With