[AccessD] Watch "Why I ditched my smartphone" on YouTube

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Sat Nov 3 15:09:31 CDT 2018

I see what you're saying - unfortunately even if you accept what the T&Cs are when you buy an unlocked phone (outright purchase paying a high price) and then the company forces you to upgrade and accept new T&Cs or they deprecate your services or stop them altogether (MS's Windows Phone system for example).
So I agree with Jim, the companies are, in essence, "forcing" you to do these things. In lieu of government oversight, I see no recourse other than to stop using them.
Or lie a lot when filling out info and screw up there data warehouses. Lend your phone to cops/hookers/truckers some night and see what kind of ads you get the next day, lol.