[AccessD] Raspbian in a VM

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:16:01 CST 2019

So in answer to the actual question, the article mentioned discusses
running Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi which is an exercise in silliness
if you ask me.  It is NOT a machine with sufficient resources to run
Windows.  A single gb of RAM is one issue.  The RPi has all usb and
networking running through a 300mbit / sec usb controller on the SOC.
Theoretically it could boot off of an SSD running on the USB but get real.

That said, it runs Linux quite well I am told.  I do know that the SBCs
that I played with ran Linux very well.  The Pine64 RockPro64 SBC i
purchased (AFAIK) doesn't even attempt a Windows port, but it does run
Linux, I had it up and running.  I will be building an android boot for
the Android TV which AFAICT does in fact run on this Pine64.  This is
quite a powerful little board but it is way more than an RPi.  Hex core,
4 gb RAM, true gbit ethernet, PCIE X4.  A real live computer on a pretty
small board.

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro64_Main_Page