[AccessD] Memo field corruption

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:55:57 CST 2019

Gustav, a question from a reader prompted my question -- remember that
article we wrote a long time ago?

<
https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-ways-to-prevent-access-databa
se-corruption/>

It's so old -- I wonder if the memo issue hasn't improved?

Susan H.

That's what I have done - for pictures. I even used a second backend to hold
this single table to not bloat the main backend.

/gustav

I think a lot of "expert" database developers suggest keeping the memo field
in a separate table using a 1:1 or 1:n relationship -- just in case.

Susan H.

I always include memo fields in the same table.  I haven't heard of what you
described - have you seen that done somewhere?

Dan

When you include a memo field, do you include it in the table or do you
relate to a second table that stores just the memo field?

Susan H.