[AccessD] Problem Validating Program Error

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Sat Jul 13 21:14:13 CDT 2019

Hi Bill,

Your confusion is well founded.  I looked further into the code (it wasn't
mine).  The message was actually a message put into the error trapping.

The code that caused the message was this:

    strFile = "C:\program files\PCS4.csv"
    lngFileHandle = FreeFile
    Open strFile For Input Access Read As lngFileHandle

The csv file is used to store information that is used in the setup of the
Access screen.  Because the file didn't exist Access showed the message.