[AccessD] Interesting Access article

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Oct 31 08:27:18 CDT 2019

He has missed the point entirely.

Access is not a database!

Access is a very powerful Rapid Application Development environment which can use its own
native database format (Microsoft Jet) or any number of  robust  RDBMSs.

The statement "These statistics almost certainly overstate the popularity of Access" is 100%
wrong.   A number of those Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL segments of the pie chart will be
using Access as an application FE.

I've been building complex Access applications using SQL Server and MySQL as the
database for years.