[AccessD] Search many mdbs for a linked table

jack drawbridge jackandpat.d at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:57:42 CDT 2020

David,
I  did something like this years ago. The approach was along this set up.

Create a text file of all database names in all directories from C drive
using Dir command
C:\Users\Jack>dir /b /s c:\*.mdb > c:\users\jack\documents\oldmdbs.txt

Then read that text file into a *table* in your working database.
Set up to open a second database, and record  all non-system table names.
Loop  through each database name in the *table *and record the database
name and the table name. This gives  a list of all tables in each database.

It's been years since I did this and I haven't been able to find the
database where it was done.
Not much to go on, but I know I have used the set up ~8-9 years ago.
Hope this is helpful.
Good luck,
jack
.