[AccessD] Finding and Installing SQL Drivers

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Jul 7 01:41:41 CDT 2020

Hi Team,

I asked a client what ODBC drivers they have installed on their RDS
computers.  They found none on either when they looked in the Programs and
Features section of the Control Panel.

I have two connection strings that work:

gADODBConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=sqloledb;Data
Source=NZS00SQL1;Initial Catalog=StockData5;Integrated Security=SSPI;"

qdefTemp.Connect = "ODBC;DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=NZS00SQL1;DATABASE=StockData5;Trusted_Connection=Yes"

I have a few  questions:

What is the driver that they are using?

Where would it be installed?

I am also wanting to update the drivers to the latest ones - I am guessing
that it should it be installed on the computer running the Access program
and not the computer hosting the SQL server.  Is this correct?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand