[AccessD] Finding and Installing SQL Drivers

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jul 7 02:34:45 CDT 2020

Programs & Feature will only show drivers that have been installed as standalone
installations. It won't tell you what drivers have been installed by a package such as MS
Office.

A better place to look is under the Drivers tab in the two  odbcad32.exe applications
which you will find in ..\ system32\ (for 64 bit drivers) and ..\SysWow64\ (for 32bit drivers)

That will tell you the version numbers and DLL names of all of the  installed drivers.

> gADODBConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=sqloledb;Data
> Source=NZS00SQL1;Initial Catalog=StockData5;Integrated Security=SSPI;"

That would be sqloledb.dll,
 probably in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB for the  32 bit driver
and C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB for 64 bit

> qdefTemp.Connect = "ODBC;DRIVER=SQL
> Server;SERVER=NZS00SQL1;DATABASE=StockData5;Trusted_Connection=Yes"

That's probably MSODBCSQL.xx.dll  in system32 and sysWOW4 for the 64/32 bit drivers.
(where xx is the version number)

Yes, the driver needs to be installed on the machine running the application