[AccessD] Fwd: FW: table design

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 16:34:08 CDT 2020

A possible approach to the accounting department 'needs' and 'requirements'
And - get that agreed in writing - and minutes of at least one meeting

Phone charges go to the department manager where the phone was assigned
It is the managers responsibility to notify 'Accounts' of the assignment of the
phone ( and other devices) and of the SIM from their department pool to
individuals
And to recover the device and SIM  and return them to the appropriate
acquisitions management department.

Alternatively they will have to accept the assignment of costs as managed by
'Accounts'

Yup
I have been employees at government sites and on their projects as well as
multinationals

First response when a new task/project is mentioned -
"Certainly - can you provide a cost centre budget for the feasibility and
associated document preparation work,  please. "

Surprising how much work never gets any budget allocation for even that.

Oh! and re phone 1 and 2 -

Phone 1 gets lost -
Or cannot be found
Maybe the battery is totally flat so it doesn't ring, and location services
don't work
Or it's in the sewerage system !
Or in the foreign hire car.

And  I wasn't really intending to join in on the design -
Just indicating possibilities for which I believe you should consider design
allowances, or avoidance techniques.

Especially if you get told you should answer with either a "yes2 or a "no" to
questions
As in If I 'Save'  will the file be overwritten?
(No mention of the app, or the working (team etc.) environment, or even the
user's logged-in and access status and authority.)

JimB