[AccessD] Print Preview ribbon using Runtime missing icons

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:43:16 CDT 2021

Today I was showing a user how to use a new module I'd written, and when I
fleshed out how to export the data I was using the "email" button under the
"Data" group.

When I showed her, the email button wasn't there. She was using the
runtime, and I verified that if I run my accde in runtime mode it doesn't
appear.

HOWEVER, if I make a "faux" group with all the buttons in the data group,
it does appear.

Is this a limitation of the runtime?

Here's my Print Ribbon XML:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui">
  <ribbon startFromScratch="true">
    <tabs>
            <tab id="MyReport" label="PRINT PREVIEW">

            <group idMso="GroupPrintPreviewPrintAccess"
getVisible="GetVisible" />
            <group idMso="GroupPageLayoutAccess" />
            <group idMso="GroupZoom" />
            <!--<group idMso="GroupPrintPreviewData"/>   Obsoleted by group
g1-->

             <group id="g1" label="Data" >
                   <button idMso="DataRefreshAll" size="large" />
                   <button idMso="ExportExcel" size="large" visible="true"
/>
                   <button idMso="ExportTextFile" size="large"
visible="true" />
                   <button idMso="PublishToPdfOrEdoc" size="large"
visible="true"/>
                   <button idMso="FileSendAsAttachment" size="large"
visible="true"/>
                   <button idMso="ExportWord" size="large" visible="true"/>
              </group>
            <group idMso="GroupPrintPreviewClosePreview" />

      </tab>
    </tabs>
  </ribbon>
</customUI>

You can see I have the idMso="GroupPrintPreviewData" commented out, because
some of the buttons don't even exist in the runtime mode, but as I said the
"g1" group below it where I emulate that entire predefined group, the icons
appear and work as expected.

Just trying to grok why that group wouldn't show all the buttons the full
fledged version does, yet I can make a group that contains the same buttons
and they do show even in the runtime...   so maybe this is a bug of some
sort?