[AccessD] Ribbon getVisible issue

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:53:14 CDT 2021

Hey all, Sorry to bombard the group so much... I'm in active development
again and sometimes.. I just can't figure out the issue.

So I am attempting to call a function to determine if a ribbon group is
visible. This function goes out and checks the roles the user calling the
function has.

The problem becomes, the ribbon initializes before my relinking procedures
do... so if I call the function to get the roles, it's calling it with
cached or 'old' stale credentials in some cases.  I can see with exec
sp_who on the back end the handle stays open with my test username

So because that SPID is held open, the query will return my elevated
privileges for an unprivileged user.  This ONLY seems to be the case if I
try and use the function on the remote table for ribbon manipulation.

Here's an image of the user BTJ logged in, but the SPID being held on the
SQL side is my username / spid (I was the last one to log in, before
logging in as BTJ).

https://i.imgur.com/9SsE1Dz.png

Unless there's a fix for this that makes sense I may have to make a local
permissions table so that the ODBC connection string doesn't impact these
tables before my refresh links code fires.

Hope that makes sense?