[AccessD] For all forms

jack drawbridge jackandpat.d at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 20:19:49 CDT 2021

 Hi Arthur,
Here's a working function I created and tested. It's based on comments from
Gustav and Ryan.
I am limiting the output to those forms that have a combo and/or listbox. I
sent a copy to you directly as well.

 Procedure Name: ComboAndListboxOnForms
' Purpose: For forms in database where exists a combobox and/or listbox,
'                 print formname, controlname  and rowsource
' Procedure Kind: Sub
' Procedure Access: Public
' Author: Jack
' Date: 04-Aug-21
' ----------------------------------------------------------------
Sub ComboAndListboxOnForms()
10        On Error GoTo ComboAndListboxOnForms_Error
          Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object
          Dim ctrl As Control
20        Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject

30        For Each obj In dbs.AllForms

40            DoCmd.OpenForm obj.name, acDesign, , , , acHidden
50            For Each ctrl In Forms(obj.name).Controls
60                Select Case ctrl.ControlType
                      Case acComboBox, acListBox
70                        Debug.Print obj.name & "....." & ctrl.name & "
  " & ctrl.RowSource
80                End Select
90            Next ctrl
100           DoCmd.Close acForm, obj.name
110       Next obj

120       On Error GoTo 0
ComboAndListboxOnForms_Exit:
130       Exit Sub

ComboAndListboxOnForms_Error:
140       MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & " (" & Err.Description & ") in
procedure ComboAndListboxOnForms, line " & Erl & "."
150       GoTo ComboAndListboxOnForms_Exit
End Sub

A few examples of output:

frmMumbles10.....Combo4     "<";">";"=";"<>"
frmProduct.....Combo2     (All);"green";"blue";"black"
frmTina.....Combo0     SELECT [tblTinaDates].[PUDate] FROM tblTinaDates
ORDER BY [PUDate];
frmTina.....Combo2     SELECT [tblHouseholds].[Owner] FROM tblHouseholds
ORDER BY [Owner];

Hope it's helpful.
jack