[AccessD] Timestamp in merge database

Anita Smith anita at ddisolutions.com.au
Mon Dec 13 17:13:27 CST 2021

I have a database that I am converting from Access ADP to ODBC.

I am coming across some issues with editing of records causing write conflicts in the tables with only one user editing records. I have changed all my bit fields to default and not allowing nulls as this can cause this problem.

I am not having much luck - however adding a timestamp field to the tables fixes the problem perfectly. I am now in the dilemma that I don't want to add this field to my replicated table in the fear of buggering up the synchronisation (I don't want to ruin my Christmas).

Is there anyone out there with any experience regarding adding timestamp fields in replicated databases? I will note that the table in question is only replicated one way - i.e. the subscribers don't edit the records.

Anita