[AccessD] Access lockup when using record selector search
wrwehler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 17:12:22 CDT 2021
The me.refresh has made no difference in the lockup situation that I’ve found. Without it there, if I recall the data doesn’t appear in the sub forms unless I’m calling requery on the sub form forms themselves.
I can test more Monday, but don’t believe it had any impact on the lockup issue.
Sent from my iPhone
> On Mar 26, 2021, at 4:45 PM, Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg> wrote:
> I think you will find that the root cause is your incorrect use of Me.Refresh on a form that
> doesn't have a recordsource. It's not doing to the sub-form what you think it is doing.
>> On 26 Mar 2021 at 14:02, Ryan W wrote:
>> I think I found the root cause. if the datasheet form properties
>> "allow deletions" and "allow additions" are set to no, the datasheet
>> form crashes if the search bar is used without a me.form.refresh
>> called first. If you turn them to YES for the form1_subform form, the
>> search crash doesn't happen. Here's a copy of the testing db:
>> So the form will come up hit the "Get stuff" button, then go down to
>> the navigation pane in the subform and type in the search box, it
>> should crash. IF it crashes, re-open it and close the main form
>> (because it may crash with data in the temp table) and modify the
>> subform and set those two properties to YES and save and re-open the
>> main form (make sure the subform data is empty) and try again... it
>> should not crash.
>> AccessD mailing list
>> AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
>> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com
> AccessD mailing list
> AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com
More information about the AccessD