[AccessD] PowerPoint Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:03:58 CDT 2021

Dear List(s):

I have a client who regularly sends me requests for updates using
PowerPoint.  He's very good at it and so the wish lists are well explained
- actually a pleasure to work with this guy.

He sends me PPTX format but my old machine has no problem opening those.

Anyway,  a few months back I got a new machine. Both machines are running
the same Office 2010 SP2.

The next PPTX he sent me wouldn't open - says it needs a repair. Repair
fails.  I take it to the old machine, it opens, I save it as ppt (97-2003)
format, and new machine opens it up.

I've been doing this for a few iterations now and while it injects exactly
a four minute conversion process, it's a bit of a PITA and if there's an
easy fix for this I would be much obliged.

MTIA

Rocky